Monday, October 18, 2010

A Fun walk


I went on a nice walk today with my granddaughter's kindergarten class.She attends a public primary school.Every autumn all of the children take a walk to watch apple butter being made outdoors.




Didn't know what to expect or how far we were going to be walking.I was in for a nice surprise.We ended up walking 2 1/2 miles round trip.Since we were walking with small children who take small steps I wasn't walking at the pace that I usually walk.It was a nice walk up and down rolling hills.




The apple butter is being made by a church group.They make it every autumn then place it in jars and sell it as a fund raiser.




It was fun watching the process.Sure brought back memories of one of my uncles making it.He is a minister and their church would also make it outdoors and sell it as a fund raiser.




The apple butter smelled so good cooking out in the open.




When we left the school it was around 50 and when we returned to the school the temperature had risen to around 60.Turned out to be a very pretty day.The sun was shining brightly today with the temperature in the lower 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment